Sookie & Finn: Our Day DVD is a fantastic new tool to boost your toddler's speech and language development. Our DVD has been proven to work in helping children with expressive and receptive language development and vocabulary acquisition.
Sookie & Finn: Our Day DVD has recently been awarded the PAL Award for Best DVD to Build Language.
The DVD is being used effectively by speech therapists with young children exhibiting speech delay both during and outside therapy time. Parents can use the DVD at home to supplement therapy or just as a little extra 'nudge' for the stubborn late talker.
The films are based on our unique methodology which is derived from the latest available research in children's language development utilising extensive consultancy from a UK based paediatric speech and language therapist.
||We introduce 80 of the most frequently used English words, set in daily routines familiar to young children.
||Simple dialogues ensure toddlers follow the storyline. The simple backgrounds are interesting but not too overwhelming.
||Six great nursery songs built into the story keep the little ones entertained and engaged.
||Scenes actively involve viewers by giving choices which encourage expressive language reproduction.
||At the end of each scene, an adult repeats the target vocabulary against a background of fragments in the summary section from the film for increased retention.
- FREE Speech & Language development charts covering important milestones up to 5 years of age covering cognition, play and social interaction, speech & language production as well as recommended activities with your child customised for each age group
- FREE parents’ guide on how to use this DVD
- Tips to encourage your child’s speech and language development
- Format: PAL
- Region: Region 0 (or “region free”) is compatible with DVD players from any region
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: Universal (Especially suitable for pre-school children)
- DVD Release Date: 24 May 2010
Run Time: Approximately 36 minutes
The DVD includes the following episodes:
- Wake up, wash & dress up
- Breakfast time
- Play time in the park
- Bathtime and bedtime